Teacher Favorite Professional Development
This week, we continue to celebrate the achievements of educators during the challenging 2020-2021 school year!
Today's post focuses on teacher favorite Virtual PD sessions and On-Demand modules based on attendance & completion.
Throughout the past school year, teachers craved timely professional development. Whether it was understanding the GameStop craze or online teaching strategies and resources -- teachers worked hard to pivot and understand how to become instant experts at what was in the news or adapt online instructional strategies needed during remote teaching.
NGPF Academy recognizes and rewards educators who participate in NGPF professional development. Teachers track their hours on their My NGPF Academy portal on the NGPF website and earn NGPF swag and gift cards as their credit hours accumulate. Participate in your first NGPF virtual PD, complete an On-Demand module or crush an NGPF Certification Course and you are automatically signed up for the Academy.
In the 2020-2021 NGPF Academy year, teachers participated in 770 Virtual PD events. That's more than three per day for every workday (Monday through Friday)! WOW!
Here are the ten favorite NGPF Virtual PD themes based on your attendance:
- Arcade Games (i.e. Bummer, Time for Payback)
- Beginner Series (i.e. Customizing NGPF Resources)
- Current Events (i.e. The GameStop Frenzy, The Costs of COVID)
- Brush Up On Series (i.e. Health Insurance, FAFSA)
- Creative Instruction: Money Memes
- 5 in 50 (i.e. Credit, Savings)
- Nearpod Series (i.e. Beginners, Advanced)
- NGPF Speaker Series
- Tech Tools (i.e. EdPuzzle, Quizizz)
- The History of Racism (i.e. Finance, Housing)
In the 2020-2021 NGPF Academy year, teachers completed an impressive 12,363 NGPF On-Demand modules!
Here are five favorite NGPF On-Demand modules based on completion:
- NGPF On-Demand: The Power of Habit
- NGPF On-Demand: Basics of Bitcoin
- NGPF On-Demand: $7.25 - The Minimum Wage
- NGPF On-Demand: Building Credit
- NGPF On-Demand: Banking in the 21st Century
About the Author
Amanda joins the NGPF Team with 18 years of experience teaching personal finance. During that time, she led her students to hundreds of thousands of dollars in scholarships, won multiple awards, and most importantly, impacted the financial lives of thousands of high school students. Amanda prides herself on being an educational leader and is constantly looking for innovative ways to make the classroom relevant, rigorous, and fun. She is a passionate advocate for financial education and has been a long time member of the NGPF community. Fun fact - Amanda was NGPF’s first teacher account! When Amanda isn’t working, she enjoys cooking, gardening, and traveling with her husband and two children.
To get access to NGPF answer keys, assessments, and teacher-only resources: create a FREE Teacher Account