QoD: When do consumers do more online shopping: Black Friday or Cyber Monday?
Answer: Cyber Monday
- Which generation is most likely to look for bargains on Cyber Monday?
- Why do you think this generation is more likely to look for bargains on that day?
- Do you plan to do any shopping on either Black Friday or Cyber Monday?
- Do you have a budget for holiday gifts this year? Why or why not?
- Why do you think that so many people shop on these two days?
Behind the numbers (CNBC)
Deloitte’s study said 53% of people will rely on Cyber Monday for discounts, while just 44% say they’re planning to snag promotions on Black Friday this year. Within that, Gen Z shoppers are the most reliant on the online shopping holiday, with 65% saying they’ll use Cyber Monday for deals, followed by 61% of millennials, 49% of Gen X consumers, 47% of baby boomers and 44% of seniors.
About the Author
Tim's saving habits started at seven when a neighbor with a broken hip gave him a dog walking job. Her recovery, which took almost a year, resulted in Tim getting to know the bank tellers quite well (and accumulating a savings account balance of over $300!). His recent entrepreneurial adventures have included driving a shredding truck, analyzing executive compensation packages for Fortune 500 companies and helping families make better college financing decisions. After volunteering in 2010 to create and teach a personal finance program at Eastside College Prep in East Palo Alto, Tim saw firsthand the impact of an engaging and activity-based curriculum, which inspired him to start a new non-profit, Next Gen Personal Finance.
To get access to NGPF answer keys, assessments, and teacher-only resources: create a FREE Teacher Account