Question of the Day: Can you name two of the top websites that used car buyers visit to research and shop?
- What research have you done/will you do when you purchase a car?
- How important do you think research is when buying a car? Explain.
- When conducting research for used cars, what information should you be looking for?
Behind the numbers (Cox Automotive 2020 Car Buyer Journey Survey):
Other statistics about used car buyers:
- 81% of used car buyers visited at least 2 websites
- 83% visit third party websites (like those above)
- Average time spent researching used cars online = 10.5 hours
NEW! Virtual PD focused on the behavioral elements of the car buying process on October 21st at 5pm PT.
About the Author
Tim's saving habits started at seven when a neighbor with a broken hip gave him a dog walking job. Her recovery, which took almost a year, resulted in Tim getting to know the bank tellers quite well (and accumulating a savings account balance of over $300!). His recent entrepreneurial adventures have included driving a shredding truck, analyzing executive compensation packages for Fortune 500 companies and helping families make better college financing decisions. After volunteering in 2010 to create and teach a personal finance program at Eastside College Prep in East Palo Alto, Tim saw firsthand the impact of an engaging and activity-based curriculum, which inspired him to start a new non-profit, Next Gen Personal Finance.
To get access to NGPF answer keys, assessments, and teacher-only resources: create a FREE Teacher Account