Chart of the Week: What Is The Future Of Employment?
From Visual Capitalist:
Questions for students:
- Describe how the chart is organized. How did they decide how to arrange the various jobs?
- How would you describe the types of jobs that are likely to be automated?
- If the researchers are correct, which jobs are likely to be the most common in our automated future?
- Which jobs are least likely to be automated? What are the attributes of those jobs that make the less likely to be automated?
- Are there any surprises in this chart?
- What jobs do you envision will be CREATED by automation?
- Does this impact how you think about a career you might pursue in the future?
Interested in how automation is going to affect the job market in the future? Check out this Planet Money interactive that allows users to input a job they are interested in and find out the probability of that job being automated.