What Are The Highest Paying Jobs in America?
Questions for students:
- What common characteristics do you notice about these jobs?
- What training/education are required for these positions?
- What jobs do you think didn’t exist 20 years ago that are on the list? What does this tell you about the nature of the job market?
- What jobs do you think can be done by robots in the future?
- Are any of these jobs of interest to you? Are they any that you want to do further research on?
Want this resource and questions in slide format to use in class? Click here!
Check out one of our most popular units, the NGPF Unit on Careers
About the Author
Tim's saving habits started at seven when a neighbor with a broken hip gave him a dog walking job. Her recovery, which took almost a year, resulted in Tim getting to know the bank tellers quite well (and accumulating a savings account balance of over $300!). His recent entrepreneurial adventures have included driving a shredding truck, analyzing executive compensation packages for Fortune 500 companies and helping families make better college financing decisions. After volunteering in 2010 to create and teach a personal finance program at Eastside College Prep in East Palo Alto, Tim saw firsthand the impact of an engaging and activity-based curriculum, which inspired him to start a new non-profit, Next Gen Personal Finance.
To get access to NGPF answer keys, assessments, and teacher-only resources: create a FREE Teacher Account