What's New With......Checking?
Cash or No Cash?
- Have you noticed your favorite businesses going cashless? How much cash do you carry? Read how David Gelles of the New York Times decided to give the cashless lifestyle a try.
- If we are moving to go cashless, then this news about cardless ATMs may have a limited lifespan.
Checking Account Fees and Features
- You are not imagining it: checking account fees are on the rise.
- You may have to search harder, but free checking accounts still exist.
- As fintech evolves quickly, let’s check (no pun intended) a recent analysis of the best online checking accounts.
- What does a good checking account look like? Consumers’ Credit Union sets the bar pretty high.
- Believe it or not, there is a bank that offers 2% interest on their checking accounts.
- This article on second chance checking accounts explains how people get into trouble with their banks to begin with, as well as how to recover.
New Entrants in the Checking Account Business
- Amazon getting into checking accounts to attract those too young for bank accounts (or those that can’t get them or don’t want them.
- These accounts would also be a threat to the traditional credit card companies by saving Amazon the interchange (swipe) fee.
- First it was credit cards, then student loans. Now Discover is also getting into the checking account arena. (Discover is a bank after all.)
Stay tuned...NGPF's OnlineBank Sim only two weeks from launch...teaching your students how to manage an online bank account is right around the corner...