Flash Survey Results! Professional Development
We surveyed many educators to find out their thoughts and opinions about personal finance professional development.
Some key findings from our survey:
- 66% of respondents have attended at least one personal finance professional development within the past 12 months
- Investing, Retirement/401(k) and Paying for College are the favored content topics for future professional development sessions
- Exposure to classroom resources, discussion of new developments and current events are important when creating or delivering an effective professional development session
(Click on each image to enlarge)
For those who have participated in at least one personal finance professional development within the past 12 months, 73% of respondents identified that they had attended an out-of-school workshop or conference.
For those people who have not participated in personal finance professional development within the last 12 months, nearly half of respondents identified that one of the reasons was because they were not aware of options for personal finance professional development.
Compiled Survey Results:
Congratulations to Danny Herdegen from Centennial High School, Boise (ID) who has received a $50 Amazon Gift Card for completing the professional development survey!
NGPF Professional Development News!
- Join us for a FREE webinar on NGPF Stand Alone Resources – perfect for implementing when half your class is out due to holiday festivities! Webinar will include a look at our new units Entrepreneurship, Philanthropy and Identity Theft. Join us Thursday, November 17 @ 1:30pm PST. Sign up now!
- Looking for a unique, personalised PD option? Join our online Professional Learning Community.
- In 2016 we are committing $25,000 to support teacher professional development. If you organize or attend a workshop and are looking for sponsors, please contact Tim by emailing email@example.com
About the Author
After graduating with an education degree and spending 7 years in an elementary classroom, Laura made the switch to the non-profit world and loves interacting with students, educators and business professionals across the country. She is passionate about all students having access to high quality education and views personal finance education as one way to ‘level the playing field’. When Laura is not locating or creating high quality educational resources, you can find her mountain biking or searching for the best ramen in town!
To get access to NGPF answer keys, assessments, and teacher-only resources: create a FREE Teacher Account