NGPF Podcast: How the Arcade Game PAYBACK prepared me for college: Reflections from 5 of the National Winners of the NGPF PAYBACK Challenge Essay Contest
In this NGPF podcast two part series, you will hear from 11 inspiring high schoolers from across the U.S. who were the national winners of the PAYBACK Challenge essay contest. Each will receive $5,000 towards their educational expenses. Each shared what they learned from paying PAYBACK, how it has impacted their college plans and the importance of personal finance in their lives. Student voice matters and these students certainly providing convincing evidence of the benefit of personal finance coursework.
Here's Part 1 where you will hear from 5 of our National Winners. Enjoy!
- 0:00~1:32 Introduction
- 1:32~8:33 Asher Spain of James I O'Neill High School (Highland Falls, New York)
- 8:33~13:28 Leslie Henriquez of Central Falls High School (Central Falls, Rhode Island)
- 13:28~17:17 Rayele Malone of Cleveland School of Science and Medicine (Cleveland, Ohio)
- 17:17~17:40 A word from NGPF
- 17:40~23:35 Virginia Girling of Jackson Hole High School (Jackson Hole, Wyoming)
- 23:35~29:27 Vivian Hua of Mustang High School (Mustang, Oklahoma)
- 29:27~30:28 Conclusion
Check out our Arcade Game, PAYBACK, and see if you can make it to graduation day without breaking the bank (and carrying too much student debt)!