NGPF Podcast: Tim Talks To Robbin Lussier, Personal Finance Innovator at Chicopee High School (MA)
It’s Tuesday, so time for another NGPF Podcast.
Thanks to Robbin Lussier, business teacher from Chicopee High School in Chicopee, MA for participating in this podcast. In this wide-ranging interview, Robbin’s enthusiasm for personal finance shines through with her words and actions. She advocates for a dedicated personal finance course at her school…and gets it. She searches for a solution to her professional development needs…and drives long distances to participate in it. She yearns for a curriculum that is practical and leverages technology in her classroom…and finds and implements it.
Listen to this podcast to hear Robbin’s answer to questions, including:
- In putting your course together, what topics did you consider including?
- What have you learned in the few months that you have been teaching a dedicated course?
- What do you consider effective professional development?
- What financial concepts do students seem most unfamiliar with?
- What strategies do you utilize to involve parents?
- Next Gen Personal Finance’s Paying for College unit (Lessons, Activities, Projects,...)
- Next Gen Personal Finance’s Activity: Making A Public Service Announcement
- Learning Economics and Finance Network (LEAF): organization in Massachusetts supporting teacher professional development with programs and workshops