NGPF Podcast: Bob Swift gives back by teaching the next generation about money management
As founder of a wealth management firm, Bob Swift noticed that many of his clients asked him to also educate their children about money. That led he and his wife to start a foundation and a program specifically designed to work with clients who lacked access to high quality advisory services. It's an inspiring story and one that demonstrates commitment, passion and impact. Enjoy!
- 0:00~1:40 Introduction
- 1:40~5:01 Background in investing
- 5:01~8:06 What is a fiduciary?
- 8:06~10:20 Impact on young people
- 10:20~12:17 Most important messages for young people
- 12:17~17:47 On 3rd Decade
- 17:47~18:58 Takeaways from the 3rd Decade program
- 18:58~19:20 A word from NGPF
- 19:20~21:50 A memorable story
- 21:50~24:16 Diversity and inclusion in finance
- 24:16~26:17 Adapting to the COVID-19 environment
- 26:17~28:13 On scaling the program
- 28:13~29:25 Conclusion
“I would sit down with any young person and I’d just love it. The impact I can have with a 25-year old was far more than any hour I spent with someone with 10 million dollars. The bulk of my time, as you would guess, in the wealth management world is with already-wealthy people but I found I had a real love for trying to figure out ‘how can I reach more of these young people?’”