NGPF Podcast: Julian and Kiersten Saunders, Authors of Cashing Out
What do you use your income for? What do you think it looks like to be rich? Authors Julian and Kiersten Saunders share what they think the four purposes of income are and how not all rich people look rich.
This week Yanely is joined by Julien and Kiersten Saunders who wrote the book Cashing Out: Win the Wealth Game by Walking Away. Julien and Kiersten dig into key parts of their book, speak about the FIRE movement, and share the intersectional nature of personal finance.
- 0:00~0:58 Introduction
- 0:58~7:34 What is the FIRE movement?
- 7:34~13:30 The structure of the book
- 13:30~20:34 How personal finance education fits in
- 20:34~25:01 Offering a wake-up call
- 25:01~28:10 The sandwich generation
- 28:10~32:58 What it looks like to be rich
- 32:58~39:06 Four purposes of income
- 39:06~40:09 Conclusion
- “We try to aim to the heart and not the head. And by doing that we make the message last a lot longer and lead to people taking advantage.” -Julian Saunders
- “The idea that you could have strict, rigid financial rules of thumb that apply to everyone across all regions, ages, and races is an outdated idea.” -Kiersten Saunders