NGPF Podcast: Lawyer turned Author Cindy Zuniga-Sanchez on her new book Overcoming Debt, Achieving Financial Freedom
Attending law school is expensive. Listen to this podcast to hear about how Cindy paid off more than $200k in student loan debt -- which motivated her to write her new book.
Yanely is joined by lawyer-turned-author Cindy Zuniga-Sanchez who talks about her new book Overcoming Debt, Achieving Financial Freedom: 8 Pillars to Build Wealth. Cindy breaks down the structure of her book, how she wrote it as a guide for her younger self, and how readers can best use it as a financial resource in their lives.
- 0:00~0:58 Introduction
- 0:58~6:39 The Zero-Based Budget Coaching Story
- 6:39~10:53 Getting out of debt
- 10:53~17:35 The pressure to “look like a lawyer”
- 17:35~23:15 The avalanche method
- 23:15~31:34 Structure of Overcoming Debt, Achieving Financial Freedom
- 31:34~40:21 Making the book easy to read
- 40:21~44:53 Favorite part of the book
- 44:53~46:45 Conclusion
- “Words have power, when you write something down, there is something to committing to that act -- whatever it is you wrote down.”