NGPF Podcast: NGPF Fellows Joy Tavano, Kerri Herrild and James Redelsheimer on the transition to teaching remotely
After last week's podcast with Brian and Amanda, I reflected on the importance of having educators discuss this transformational change required to teach remotely. NGPF Fellows Joy, Kerri and James were kind enough to take me up on the offer to share their experiences. In this podcast, they share their teaching practices and routines for both synchronous and asynchronous learning, the creative methods for connecting with students and how they are thinking about assessments. Enjoy!
- 0:00~1:15 Introduction
- 1:15~5:13 The situation at their schools
- 5:13~8:57 How the teachers prepared for remote teaching
- 8:57~10:44 What is Screencastify?
- 10:44~14:21 How Joy uses her synchronous learning time
- 14:21~18:53 How Kerri administers class without synchronous learning
- 18:53~20:24 James’s plans for his synchronous learning periods
- 20:24~24:40 On creating a routine and maintaining questions
- 24:40~29:07 Thoughts on administering assessments
- 29:07~32:08 Helping special education students
- 32:08~33:48 Bridging the digital divide
- 33:48~37:58 Connecting with other educators during this time
- 37:58~39:36 Conclusion