NGPF Podcast: Sitara Nieves and Jed Kim discuss Marketplace's new podcast for kids, Million Bazillion
When the Marketplace team floated the idea of a podcast for kids about money about a year ago, I loved it. I listened to the first pilot episodes with my kids and it sparked some great family conversations so I jumped at the opportunity to provide seed funding for this project. Now five weeks into launch, Million Bazillion, has rocketed to the top of the charts for Family and Kids podcasts on iTunes.
Thanks to Sitara Nieves, Executive Director of On-Demand at Marketplace and Jed Kim, host of Million Bazillion for stopping by and giving us a behind the scenes look at what goes into creating such a popular podcast. They will share their creative process, the research that informed the development of this podcast and the feedback that they have received from listeners. Enjoy!
- 0:00~1:04 Introduction
- 1:04~10:56 Sitara talks about how Million Bazillion was born
- 10:56~19:49 Jed talks about what it’s like to host Million Bazillion
- 19:49~23:10 The collaboration that goes on behind the scenes
- 23:10~26:32 Launching a podcast for kids
- 26:32~26:57 A word from NGPF
- 26:57~29:42 The different elements of the podcast
- 29:42~34:00 Target audience and tip sheets
- 34:00~36:34 Ideas for future episodes
- 36:34~38:49 Making the podcast entertaining for both kids and parents
- 38:49~40:31 Topics that didn't make the final cut
- 40:31~43:19 Conclusion