NGPF Extra Mile Award for 2018-19: Webinars
NGPF Webinars are a great way for teachers to dive deeper into topics that interest them. For the 2018-19 school year, our most popular webinars were (all have been archived here and can be watched at your convenience)...
- What's Trending in Personal Finance?
- Brush Up On Taxes
- Using the NGPF Semester Course: Planning for Success
- Weaving Math and Personal Finance in the Classroom
- Three Part Investing Series
Teachers tell us they walk away from our webinars with several ideas that they can implement immediately in the classroom. They like how these one hour sessions deepen their content knowledge while also providing them with creative ways to bring engaging and up-to-date resources to their students. Over 550 teachers attended an NGPF webinar over the past school year and we wanted to recognize those thirty educators who attended at least 5 webinars and "upped their game" by adding to their teacher toolkit.
- Scott Herman of Belleville High School (Belleville, NJ)
- Donna Cirillo, Community Volunteer
- Barbara O’Neill of Rutgers University (New Brunswick, NJ)
- Julius Prezelski of Mount Saint Joseph High School (Baltimore, MD)
- Jennifer Schweigert of Amityville Memorial High School (Amityville, NY)
- Tony Montgomery of City-As-School High School (New York, NY)
- Theresa Iliff of Millard South High School (Omaha, NE)
- Susan Pratt of Notre Dame Academy (Hingham, MA)
- Harold Nichols of Spring Valley High School (Las Vegas, NV)
- Michael Simon of Momence High School (Momence, IL)
- Julia Kubian of Bridgewater-Raritan High School (Bridgewater, NJ)
- Marilyn Hill of Hillsboro High School (Hillsboro, TX)
- Lesia Milan of Amityville Memorial High School (Amityville, NY)
- Debbie Ehrlich of Umóⁿhoⁿ National Public School (Macy, NE)
- Kelly Duffy of Emmaus High School (Emmaus, PA)
- Becky Marquardt of New London High School (New London, WI)
- Mike Hannon of Kents Hill School (Readfield, ME)
- Erin Vogel of Cherry Creek School District (Greenwood Village, CO)
- Mike Kaluza of Little Falls Community High School (Little Falls, MN)
- Erol Ceran of Los Gatos High School (Los Gatos, CA)
- Carri Donmoyer of Bald Eagle Area Middle and High School (Wingate, PA)
- Margaret Swanke of Mount Mansfield Union High School (Jericho, VT)
- Jackie Outten of Gloucester High School (Gloucester City, VA)
- Krista Matysaka of Bridges Virtual Academy (Merrill, WI)
- Kim Lietz of Pinckneyville Community High School (Pinckneyville, IL)
- Meghan Maffetone of Wilmington High School (Wilmington, MA)
- Amy Sullivan of Cedar Crest High School (Lebanon, PA)
- Joey Running of West Albany High School (Albany, OR)
- Jerita Carter of Sheffield High School (Sheffield, AL)
- Chris Neinhaus of Messmer High School (Milwaukee, WI)
- Karen Nawn-Fahey of Rutland High School (Rutland, VT)
- Nancy Waters of Agora Cyber Charter School (King of Prussia, PA)
Special mention goes to Scott Herman who attended 20 webinars in the past twelve months! Each Extra Mile Award winner in the Webinars category will receive a $50 Amazon gift card. Thanks for your commitment to professional development!
NGPF has a new program starting on June 1st, 2019 to recognize and reward educators. Check out the details regarding our NGPF Academy and start earning credits by attending any NGPF Virtual PD, Virtual FinCamp, Webinar or our in-person FinCamps and FinCamp PLUS.
About the Author
Tim's saving habits started at seven when a neighbor with a broken hip gave him a dog walking job. Her recovery, which took almost a year, resulted in Tim getting to know the bank tellers quite well (and accumulating a savings account balance of over $300!). His recent entrepreneurial adventures have included driving a shredding truck, analyzing executive compensation packages for Fortune 500 companies and helping families make better college financing decisions. After volunteering in 2010 to create and teach a personal finance program at Eastside College Prep in East Palo Alto, Tim saw firsthand the impact of an engaging and activity-based curriculum, which inspired him to start a new non-profit, Next Gen Personal Finance.
To get access to NGPF answer keys, assessments, and teacher-only resources: create a FREE Teacher Account