NEW! NGPF On-Demand deepens teacher content knowledge anytime, anywhere
Update (12/2/20): The NGPF On-Demand pilot closed on December 1st. Teachers completed over 900 hours in this two week period. Here's what teachers are saying:
- It was my first on-demand training and I really liked the flexibility!
- More, more, more! I could take breaks when I was interrupted and I didn't miss anything! I could take this and do this at home with my kids. Pause when I need to, and not miss anything!
- This was perfect! I can do it on my own time at my own pace - please offer more of these in the future...This is exactly what I was looking for!"
Given the success of this pilot period, we will be releasing four NEW! On-Demand modules in mid-December.
Your schedule has never been busier this fall. Your desire to deepen your content knowledge has never been greater. You've raised your expectations for what PD should be. You want to be highly engaged, you want curated resources to be of high quality and you want lots of learning packed into a short time period. While you love live PD, you are also looking for opportunities to learn anytime, anywhere and at your own pace. Oh, of course, you want to earn NGPF Academy credit to reward your efforts.
Introducing NGPF On-Demand, a new learning opportunity with maximum flexibility for your schedule:
- Offering 4 modules to build content knowledge in investing, paying for college, credit and behavioral finance
- Each module is built on the Nearpod platform (no sub. required) with multiple engagement strategies including videos, articles, quizzes, collaborative boards and more
- Learn at your own pace with each module designed to be completed in 45-60 minutes
- Successful completion of a module will earn you 1 NGPF Academy credit
- Pilot period runs from today, November 17, through December 1st
- Offered at no cost to educators
Click below and get started today on your NGPF On-Demand module:
- 3 Lesser-Known Cards: Learn about the similarities and differences between payroll cards, prepaid cards, and secured credit cards.
- Brush Up On FAFSA: Learn about the importance and basics of the FAFSA.
- Investing for Beginners: Learn basic investing terminology and how the stock market works.
- The Power of Habit (Behavioral Finance): Learn about the importance of habits, how they are formed and proven methods to change or create new habits for yourself.
Q: Is there a recommended device from which to access NGPF On-Demand?
A: We recommend using a laptop or PC. If you are using your phone, we recommend opening the module in a phone browser (Safari, Chrome) rather than through the Nearpod application (some functions do not work properly within the application)
Q: I am experiencing technical difficulties with the Nearpod, is there anything I can do?
A: Please make sure you're going through the slides at a reasonable pace and allow the slide to load before going onto the next slide. If the Nearpod freezes, please close any other tabs you may have open and try refreshing the page.
Q: What happens after I complete the NGPF On-Demand module?
A: Within 7 days, an NGPF Team Member will review your participation and responses, then grant credit in your NGPF Academy. Your responses to questions will be read and assessed for quality; be sure to put forth your best effort!
Q: I keep reading about NGPF Academy. What is it?
A: NGPF Academy is a program to recognize and reward educators for their commitment to lifelong learning and professional development. Teachers earn Academy credits for participating in NGPF professional development including Certification Courses, Virtual PDs, Virtual FinCamps and now NGPF On-Demand. As teachers reach 10 hour milestones they earn NGPF swag and Amazon gift cards. More details here.
Q: What if I start the module, but do not finish?
A: You will not receive NGPF Academy credit until the module is completed.
Q: Do I need an NGPF Teacher Account to complete the On-Demand modules?
A: In order to earn NGPF Academy credits, you will need to have a verified NGPF Teacher account, which is free. You can sign up by going to ngpf.org and clicking on the upper right "Create Free Account."
Q: When is the deadline to complete NGPF On-Demand modules?
A: The deadline for this pilot phase of NGPF On-Demand is December 1, 2020. All modules completed by 11:59pm on December 1st will receive NGPF Academy credit.
Q: What happens after December 1st?
A: The NGPF On-Demand team will be analyzing the survey results from the pilot period and other feedback to iterate on the product. We expect to open a second pilot period in mid-December with NEW! modules with a full launch of NGPF On-Demand coming sometime in the first quarter of 2021.
Q: Will the credits I earn from the On-Demand modules count for this NGPF Academy quarter?
A: The course credits for modules taken on or before 11/30 will be added to the second-quarter ending on 11/30. If you complete the module(s) on 12/1, it will count towards the 3rd quarter.
Q: I have a question that is not answered here. Who can I contact?
A: Please reach out to email@example.com and an NGPF team member will respond to you in a timely fashion, within 24 hours.
About the Author
Tim's saving habits started at seven when a neighbor with a broken hip gave him a dog walking job. Her recovery, which took almost a year, resulted in Tim getting to know the bank tellers quite well (and accumulating a savings account balance of over $300!). His recent entrepreneurial adventures have included driving a shredding truck, analyzing executive compensation packages for Fortune 500 companies and helping families make better college financing decisions. After volunteering in 2010 to create and teach a personal finance program at Eastside College Prep in East Palo Alto, Tim saw firsthand the impact of an engaging and activity-based curriculum, which inspired him to start a new non-profit, Next Gen Personal Finance.
To get access to NGPF answer keys, assessments, and teacher-only resources: create a FREE Teacher Account