Reading List for Halloween weekend (2021)
- This short story from NPR’s Morning Report discusses findings about decision making while under the stress of debt. (Cue Squid Games)
- It was a big week for earning announcements, with more coming up next week. For comprehensive coverage of the week’s earnings announcements, stock markets, and economy, try this NASDAQ article.
- Hertz to buy $4 billion worth of Teslas, half to be rented to Uber drivers. (NBC News) For more on the topic, try this Recode article.
- There is nothing like some good data and graphics to demonstrate the inequality of stock/asset ownership. (A Wealth of Common Sense)
- Facebook now “Meta.” (AP) Any winners on the guessing game?
- GDP growth slowed in third quarter (0.5% or 2% annual rate). (CNBC)
- PCE, the inflation measure used by the Fed, continues to reflect highest inflation seen in 30 years. (NYT-subscription may be required, CNBC)
- Can you guess the top four categories of jobs seeing the largest numbers of quitters during the “Great Resignation?” (Money)
- Could immigration ease the labor shortages? (Vox)
- The Cleveland Fed continuously surveys consumers and their response to Covid-19. This link brings you to the most recent data and gives you the ability to graph a variety of results by checking boxes.
- Shiba Inu gives Dogecoin a run for the money. (CNBC) What to know before investing in either. (CNBC2 )
- If you are going to retire, should you pay off your mortgage? It depends: (WAPO-subscription may be required)
- Covid-19 still keeping college enrollment numbers down. (NPR)
- Discover Survey looks at people’s views on credit. (BusinessWire)