NGPF Podcast: Rohan Gupta on what it takes to start a financial education company
- 0:00~1:07 Introduction
- 1:07~2:13 Interest in computer science, economics, and space
- 2:13~7:14 Early money lessons
- 7:14~11:18 Encouraging young people to invest for the long term
- 11:18~14:16 Starting StreetFins
- 14:16~14:44 A word from NGPF
- 14:44~16:38 Popular content on StreetFins
- 16:38~18:49 Favorite podcast episode
- 18:49~23:50 Lack of personal finance education in schools
- 23:50~26:10 How StreetFins has grown
- 26:10~27:38 Managing StreetFins while attending school
- 27:38~29:25 What’s next for StreetFins?
- 29:25~32:21 Approaching partnerships while educating readers
- 32:21~36:16 What high school students should know about money
- 36:16~37:09 Conclusion
- Investing Activity Idea: How Can a Jar of Jelly Beans Teach Students About the Stock Market?
“[StreetFins] is better than what I expected it to be when I started the project because [now] we’re doing the podcast and connecting with so many really fantastic people, and we have a lot of interest from the student community and having them share this with their friends.”
More than 300 podcasts in the NGPF Podcast archive here!