Question of the Day: What's the average value of property taken during burglaries?
10 states with highest incidence of burglaries:
- What do you think are the items of value most frequently taken during a burglary?
- How can you protect against the possibility of your home/apartment being robbed?
- If your home is robbed and you don't have insurance, how can you recover your losses?
Behind the numbers (FBI):
Offense Analysis, Number and Percent Change, 2017–2018
- In 2018, the average dollar value per motor vehicle stolen in the U.S. was $8,407. The average dollar value of property taken during burglaries was $2,799; during robberies, $2,119; and during larceny-thefts, $1,153.
- By location, most burglaries (65.5 percent) occurred at residences. Most robbery offenses (36.3 percent) occurred on streets or highways.
Looking for more Questions of the Day? Check out our QoD Library!