Interactive: Spending for the Super Bowl
The biggest day of the year for snacks and advertising is right around the corner. And, oh yeah...there's a football game, too!
The National Retail Federation has done the hard work of compiling data on spending that will happen related to Super Bowl LVIII. Browse the interactive data on things like total spending, average household spending, and the top category people will be spending their money on. Then check out the infographic that beautifully presents that information in a way that's easy to consume.
- If you were planning to watch the Super Bowl, how would you budget for the event?
- What steps could one take to ensure they do not overspend during events like the Super Bowl?
- Discuss why the Super Bowl can be considered a significant economic event beyond just a sports game.
- The infographic indicates that 18% of viewers find commercials most important. What does this say about the power of advertising during the Super Bowl?
- Why do you think food and beverages are such a significant part of the Super Bowl experience for viewers?
Be sure to check out NGPF's Budgeting unit for lessons, activities, and more!
Looking for more interactive resources? Be sure to check out the NGPF Interactive Library.