NGPF Podcast: Amy Salamon and Diana Stein of the Student Finance League on the language of money
How can you get your student to talk about money? Listen to this podcast to find out.
- 0:00~0:47 Introduction
- 0:47~4:50 The beginning of the Student Finance League
- 4:50~9:50 Amy’s experience in the classroom
- 9:50~13:17 Barriers to learning about money
- 13:17~18:42 Being intentional about vocabulary
- 18:42~27:01 Engaging with the local community
- 27:01~27:19 A word from NGPF
- 27:19~32:06 Making students comfortable with money
- 32:06~34:32 Engaging parents and students at the same time
- 34:32~40:06 Teaching and not advising
- 40:06~41:15 Conclusion
“What I focused on with the language of money is just getting everybody in this world comfortable talking about money… The most important thing is to get your students comfortable to talk about money.” -Amy Salamon
“I’m going to teach you to be independently resourceful so when you leave I know you have the language and you know how to ask questions.” -Diana Stein
What percent of families have money conversations with children at least once a week? Find out the answer in this NGPF Question of the Day.