NGPF Podcast: Dina and Tony Isola are the dynamic duo on a crusade to improve 403(b) plans
Want to learn the ins and outs of your 403(b) plan? Be sure to listen to this conversation that Yanely had with Dina and Tony Isola.
Featured in the The Bogle Effect, a book chronicling the life and legacy of Vanguard's founder Jack Bogle, Dina and Tony Isola are described as the "husband-and-wife team at Ritholtz Wealth Management (RWM) trying to save schoolteachers from losing hundreds of millions a year in fee-ridden, and arguably predatory, annuity products." In this conversation with Yanely, Dina and Tony share why they are so passionate about serving teachers through their work at RWM. They provide tips of what to look out for in 403(b) plans, how to suss out those hidden fees and how to ensure more of your wealth generated by your investments goes to YOU. Enjoy!
- 0:00~3:00 Introduction
- 3:00~6:37 A day in the life of Dina and Tony
- 6:37~11:09 Working to free teachers from horrible 403(b) plans
- 11:09~17:13 Professional pathway before Ritzholtz
- 17:13~21:14 The power of money
- 21:14~24:34 Doing research before signing
- 24:34~36:57 Considering stock-bond allocations
- 36:57~37:16 A word from NGPF
- 37:16~43:50 Being aware of hidden fees
- 43:50~49:06 How annuities work
- 49:06~50:13 Conclusion
“Before you get in [to a 403(b)], be sure to do some research. Once you get in, it’s hard to get out.” -Tony
“Here’s the thing, it’s really important to know what your fees are. What are you actually paying?” -Dina
Interested in learning more about 403(b) plans? Don't miss this NGPF Podcast with Dan and Scott of 403bwise.org.
Dan and Scott also have a podcast series focused on 403(b) plans they recently released: