NGPF Podcast: Founder of FinMango Scott Glasgow
In this engaging podcast, Scott shares his inspiration for FinMango and the early successes his organization has seen.
- 0:00~1:57 Introduction
- 1:57~3:35 Source of passion for personal finance
- 3:35~6:39 What is FinMango?
- 6:39~11:15 The first days of FinMango
- 11:15~11:38 A word from NGPF
- 11:38~14:42 Countries FinMango has a presence in
- 14:42~17:03 Ideas and projects coming out of the incubators
- 17:03~23:53 Work in the US
- 23:53~26:11 Considering professional development opportunities
- 26:11~28:53 Balancing domestic and international work
- 28:53~30:07 Future of FinMango
- 30:07~33:35 Activities students work on
- 33:35~35:20 Promoting passive investing
- 35:20~37:06 Conclusion
“Our domestic work connects to our international work… Students are attracted that we are coming into classrooms and we are not selling anything. They see the value in that and say ‘oh wow they’re not selling anything this is legit.’ And then they see what we are doing internationally and see that it’s similar but on a different scale and how it's different and then they want to get involved.”
About the Authors
Tim's saving habits started at seven when a neighbor with a broken hip gave him a dog walking job. Her recovery, which took almost a year, resulted in Tim getting to know the bank tellers quite well (and accumulating a savings account balance of over $300!). His recent entrepreneurial adventures have included driving a shredding truck, analyzing executive compensation packages for Fortune 500 companies and helping families make better college financing decisions. After volunteering in 2010 to create and teach a personal finance program at Eastside College Prep in East Palo Alto, Tim saw firsthand the impact of an engaging and activity-based curriculum, which inspired him to start a new non-profit, Next Gen Personal Finance.
Ren is currently a student at Lafayette College in Easton, PA. Thanks to going through the NGPF curriculum multiple times, he is able to be financially aware while at college.
To get access to NGPF answer keys, assessments, and teacher-only resources: create a FREE Teacher Account