NGPF Podcast: Ikenna Okoro provides student perspective on why financial education matters
Listen to NGPF Intern and Columbia University student Ikenna Okoro as he explains why personal finance is so important to him. After his brief interview with Yanely, Ikenna interviews NGPF Payback Challenge winner Nery Rodriguez. When it comes to advocacy, there is nothing more powerful than student voice. Enjoy!
0:36~10:17 Kenna’s Korner Episode 1: NGPF's Yanely Espinal Interviews Ikenna
- 0:36~1:33 What is this podcast about?
- 1:33~2:35 How Ikenna got involved with NGPF
- 2:35~3:20 Ikenna’s background
- 3:20~6:26 Growing interest with personal finance education
- 6:26~10:17 What to expect with Kenna’s Korner
10:17~10:35 A word from NGPF
10:35~26:44 Kenna’s Korner Episode 2: Nery Rodriguez
- 10:35~11:16 Introduction
- 11:16~11:54 Nery’s motivations to choose her major
- 11:54~12:33 Finding out about NGPF
- 12:33~13:48 What is the Payback game?
- 13:48~15:10 Important money skills for teenagers
- 15:10~16:40 Working as a finance intern
- 16:40~19:14 Plans to work while in school
- 19:14~20:37 Money mistakes
- 20:37~22:30 Using the scholarship funds
- 22:30~26:12 Ikenna’s advice for the first year of college
- 26:12~26:44 Conclusion