NGPF Podcast: Meet Rishi Vamdatt:, the 11-year-old founder of Easy Peasy Finance
WOW! Have you ever had a conversation with an 11-year-old about the wisdom of index funds, the power of compounding returns and the process of opening a brokerage account? Nope, neither had I until I had the opportunity to talk to Rishi Vamdatt earlier this week. Enjoy!
- 0:00~1:04 Introduction
- 1:04~2:07 What is Easy Peasy Finance?
- 2:07~3:10 Interest in personal finance
- 3:10~5:07 Creating a YouTube channel and a website
- 5:07~6:31 The power of starting early
- 6:31~10:48 Dollar-cost averaging and investing in index funds
- 10:48~12:36 Should personal finance be taught in schools?
- 12:36~13:14 A word from NGPF
- 13:14~16:05 Logistics of opening a retirement account as a minor
- 16:05~17:02 What middle schoolers should know about money
- 17:02~17:47 Credit cards as a financial tool
- 17:47~19:09 Aspirations to start and grow a business
- 19:09~20:30 Plans for the summer
- 20:30~21:04 Words of encouragement
- 21:04~22:42 Conclusion
“[Personal finance] can really be easy and simple to learn about. It doesn’t have to be this big thing that’s daunting or challenging -- it can be fun and entertaining.”
About the Authors
Tim's saving habits started at seven when a neighbor with a broken hip gave him a dog walking job. Her recovery, which took almost a year, resulted in Tim getting to know the bank tellers quite well (and accumulating a savings account balance of over $300!). His recent entrepreneurial adventures have included driving a shredding truck, analyzing executive compensation packages for Fortune 500 companies and helping families make better college financing decisions. After volunteering in 2010 to create and teach a personal finance program at Eastside College Prep in East Palo Alto, Tim saw firsthand the impact of an engaging and activity-based curriculum, which inspired him to start a new non-profit, Next Gen Personal Finance.
Ren has been working part-time at NGPF since 2014, interning through high school and college. With his knowledge growing alongside NGPF, after graduating from college in 2020, he joined the team to work full-time. He is also the producer of the NGPF podcast. During his free time, he likes to try out coffees from different roasters across the world.
SEARCH FOR CONTENT
Subscribe to the blog
Get Question of the Day, FinCap Friday, and the latest updates from NGPF in your inbox by subscribing today:
MOST POPULAR POSTS