NGPF Podcast: Meet Rishi Vamdatt:, the 11-year-old founder of Easy Peasy Finance
WOW! Have you ever had a conversation with an 11-year-old about the wisdom of index funds, the power of compounding returns and the process of opening a brokerage account? Nope, neither had I until I had the opportunity to talk to Rishi Vamdatt earlier this week. Enjoy!
- 0:00~1:04 Introduction
- 1:04~2:07 What is Easy Peasy Finance?
- 2:07~3:10 Interest in personal finance
- 3:10~5:07 Creating a YouTube channel and a website
- 5:07~6:31 The power of starting early
- 6:31~10:48 Dollar-cost averaging and investing in index funds
- 10:48~12:36 Should personal finance be taught in schools?
- 12:36~13:14 A word from NGPF
- 13:14~16:05 Logistics of opening a retirement account as a minor
- 16:05~17:02 What middle schoolers should know about money
- 17:02~17:47 Credit cards as a financial tool
- 17:47~19:09 Aspirations to start and grow a business
- 19:09~20:30 Plans for the summer
- 20:30~21:04 Words of encouragement
- 21:04~22:42 Conclusion
“[Personal finance] can really be easy and simple to learn about. It doesn’t have to be this big thing that’s daunting or challenging -- it can be fun and entertaining.”