NGPF Podcast: National Winners of NGPF's 2018 PAYBACK Challenge Essay Contest (Part 2)
In case you missed it, we launched the 2019 PAYBACK Challenge earlier this week with over $125,000 in scholarships available. Full details here and deadline is November 13, 2019
To provide some inspiration for the 2019 contest, I found this unreleased podcast where you will hear from 6 of the 2018 National Winners. Just to reiterate these are last year's winners and we just opened the 2019 competition.
Each received $5,000 towards their educational expenses. Each shared what they learned from paying PAYBACK, how it has impacted their college plans. Some passionately described the importance taking a personal finance course. You will discover that this group's talents extend beyond putting pen to paper for their essays and includes strong public speaking skills too.
Here's Part 2 where you will hear from 6 of our National Winners. Enjoy!
- 0:00~1:37 Introduction
- 1:37~5:17 O.J., Winooski High School (Winooski, VT)
- 5:17~6:25 Ashley Reynolds, Abilene High School (Abilene, KS)
- 6:25~9:55 Elliot Kershaw, Wachusett Regional High School (Holden, MA)
- 9:55~10:21 A word from NGPF
- 10:21~15:19 Kylie Rouster, Silver Creek High School (Sellersburg, IN)
- 15:19~17:13 Kaylynn Rawlins, Houston High School (Germantown, TN)
- 17:13~22:20 Karessa Pitcher, Weber High School (Pleasant View, UT)
- 22:20~23:11 Conclusion