Collaborate with Educators At NGPF Professional Development This Week (May 18-22)
Here's what teachers are saying about our Virtual PDs:
- "Honestly, these sessions have all been amazing! I have used so much due to the PDs!"!
- "I am absolutely inspired...I am more prepared to teach my students in the fall."
- "Each time I join the sessions, I come away with new knowledge, insights and ideas on how to use this information with my students."
We have a full slate of professional development opportunities this week for teachers with many new workshops added for this next 6-week cycle. Each will help you earn credit towards NGPF Academy.
All times listed below are Pacific Time.
Virtual Professional Development: a one-hour hands-on workshop with multiple opportunities for teacher collaboration
- Teaching Financial Pitfalls Remotely led by Kareem at 10am and 1pm Pacific Time
- Money Magic #1 [How to Play and Implement Remotely] led by Mason at 2:30pm Pacific Time
- Money Magic #2 [Connecting to Supplemental Resources] led by Mason at 4pm Pacific Time
- Teacher Toolkit led by Tori at 10am Pacific Time
- Nearpod for Intermediate/Advanced Users led by Tori at 1pm Pacific Time
- Investing Series: Index Funds led by Tim at 2:30pm Pacific Time
- Investing Series: Using the FinViz Tool led by Tim at 4pm Pacific Time
- Top NGPF Resources for Math Teachers led by Abby at 10am and 1pm Pacific Time
- Parent Engagement led by Yanely at 2:30pm Pacific Time
- FinLit Documentaries led by Yanely at 4pm Pacific Time
- Teaching Checking Remotely led by Kareem at 10am and 1pm Pacific Time
- Teaching Taxes Remotely led by Christian at 4pm Pacific Time
- Speaker Series: Carly Urban and Christian Sherrill discuss exciting new research on financial education at 9:30am PT
Webinars: one-hour session led by NGPF team members and master teachers
Here's an additional event that our friends at 403bwise.org are putting on this week:
Get Wise to the 403(b) Wise with Dan and Scott at 4pm Pacific Time on Thursday.
About the Author
Ren has been working part-time at NGPF since 2014, interning through high school and college. With his knowledge growing alongside NGPF, after graduating from college in 2020, he joined the team to work full time with a focus on teacher onboarding. He is also the editor of the NGPF podcast and makes sure it is accessible to teachers on iTunes, Stitcher, and Google Play Music. During his free time, he likes to try out coffees from different roasters across the world and try out new brewing methods, even though personal finance gurus tend to caution against buying a cup of joe.
To get access to NGPF answer keys, assessments, and teacher-only resources: create a FREE Teacher Account