Podcasts In The Classroom: Professional Athletes' and Money
After more than 400 teachers expressed interest in bringing podcasts into the classroom, we decided to build out a weekly activity to fulfill that desire. This week's activity (you will be asked to Make a Copy when you click on the link) revolves around professional athletes' experiences with money and has incorporated 3-4 minute audio excerpts from the NGPF Podcast.
Few ideas for implementation are to have students listen to ONE of the podcast clips and then complete the Google form. You could then have them pair-share with another student who listened to a different podcast OR put three students in a breakout room, have them each take one of the podcasts, and then share what they learned. If you would like to stay on the topic of athletes and money, you might want to tie in FinCap Friday: Famous and Frugal.
Interested in listening to the full-length podcasts? Here are the links:
- Amobi Okugo is leading the frugal athlete movement
- Winston Justice on the transition from the NFL to the world of finance
- Troy Murphy, A Retired NBA Star Applies His Talents to Financial Advising
Check out our past Podcast Tuesdays:
- 11/2/2020 - What's New In the World of Investing?
- 11/9/2020 - What's the Relationship Between Money and One's Emotional Well-Being?