Best of 2019...NGPF's FinCap Friday
Looking for a 5-10 minute resource to bring current events to your classroom? FinCap Friday is your solution. It's a quiz game, an explainer video and discussion prompts all wrapped into one cohesive resource. With over 600,000 plays since its launch in August of 2018, it's become a weekly Friday routine (or any other day of the week) in classrooms across the country.
Here's the Top 10 FinCap Fridays that are topping the charts (overall):
- Famous and Frugal (Budgeting)
- Show Me the Money (Paying for College)
- Getting Paid or Getting Played (Payroll)
- Gratitude is the Right Attitude (Philanthropy)
- Teen Job Trends (Career)
- Tuition, Fees, & Books, Oh My! (Paying for College)
- Likes Me, Likes Me Not (Behavioral FInance)
- Disappearing Dollars (Ethics)
- From Catalogs to Clicks (Budgeting)
- Bye Bye Banks? (Saving, Checking)
Top 5 FinCap Fridays (since August 2019)
- Likes Me, Likes Me Not (Behavioral Finance)
- Be Fast With FAFSA (Paying for College)
- Gotta Habit (Behavioral Finance)
- That's Gross! (Checking, Taxes)
- Impress for Success (Career)
Since FinCap Friday is not date-dependent, the full catalog of 50+ resources can be used to supplement your existing lessons. Enjoy!
About the Author
Tim's saving habits started at seven when a neighbor with a broken hip gave him a dog walking job. Her recovery, which took almost a year, resulted in Tim getting to know the bank tellers quite well (and accumulating a savings account balance of over $300!). His recent entrepreneurial adventures have included driving a shredding truck, analyzing executive compensation packages for Fortune 500 companies and helping families make better college financing decisions. After volunteering in 2010 to create and teach a personal finance program at Eastside College Prep in East Palo Alto, Tim saw firsthand the impact of an engaging and activity-based curriculum, which inspired him to start a new non-profit, Next Gen Personal Finance.
To get access to NGPF answer keys, assessments, and teacher-only resources: create a FREE Teacher Account