For Your Listening Pleasure, The Top 10 NGPF Podcasts
The NGPF Podcast started almost two years ago (and almost 100 podcast segments later) allowed me to “scratch my own itch.” To anyone who knows me, I love talking finance and since I was young I was always told that I had a voice (and a face) for radio. I thought why not try this “podcasting thing” and see what happens. My thinking was “How much fun would it be to reach out to interesting people, including educators, researchers, columnists, finance experts, authors, motivational speakers…and yes even a car salesman, to get their perspectives on personal finance?” And what fun it has been!
Thank you to all who have taken the time to share you expertise with our audience of educators (thank you for listening!) on the NGPF Podcast. As we close in on podcast #100, I thought it would be interesting to see which guests have been most popular, as measured by number of plays on SoundCloud. Drumroll please…
- #10: Sean McQuay, Credit Karma: Will Make You Smart About Credit Cards
- #9: Jessica Endlich of NGPF: The Idea Behind NGPF’s Investing in Two Hours Lesson
- #8: Brett Burkey, Educator: How to Advocate for Financial Education
- #7: Andrei Smith of Audi San Jose: Acing the Car Buying Process
- #6: Jim Rowley of Vanguard: All You Ever Wanted to Know About Index Investing
- #5: John Uhlzheimer: No One Knows More About Credit Scores
- #4: Jonathan Clements: Common-Sense Approach to Investing and Personal Finance
- #3: Helaine Olen: The Index Card Approach to Personal Finance
- #2: Ash Cash: Motivating Your Way to Financial Success
And the #1 most listened to NGPF Podcast: Allan Roth: The Best Investing Strategies…Are the Simplest Ones!
About the Author
Tim's saving habits started at seven when a neighbor with a broken hip gave him a dog walking job. Her recovery, which took almost a year, resulted in Tim getting to know the bank tellers quite well (and accumulating a savings account balance of over $300!). His recent entrepreneurial adventures have included driving a shredding truck, analyzing executive compensation packages for Fortune 500 companies and helping families make better college financing decisions. After volunteering in 2010 to create and teach a personal finance program at Eastside College Prep in East Palo Alto, Tim saw firsthand the impact of an engaging and activity-based curriculum, which inspired him to start a new non-profit, Next Gen Personal Finance.
To get access to NGPF answer keys, assessments, and teacher-only resources: create a FREE Teacher Account