NGPF Podcast: Tara Falcone of ReisUp on the financial education that every college student needs
She left the lucrative world of hedge funds to pursue her passion and founded ReisUp. Her mission: help others understand the complex world of finance. In this podcast, Tara will share her experiences on Wall Street and her motivation to choose the (entrepreneurial) path less traveled. Hear Tara's perspectives on what college students need to know to succeed in their future financial lives in this engaging conversation. Enjoy!
- 0:00~1:48 Introduction
- 1:48~5:51 Early money lessons
- 5:51~8:19 On changing college majors
- 8:19~9:39 Working at a hedge fund
- 9:39~13:38 What is “modeling”?
- 13:38~15:56 Is the market efficient? Is it beatable?
- 15:56~19:22 Leaving the hedge fund world
- 19:22~19:45 A word from NGPF
- 19:45~22:23 Starting ReisUp
- 22:23~26:08 On meeting David Swensen
- 26:08~28:59 Starting up LIT
- 28:59~32:36 Bringing LIT to market
- 32:36~36:34 Are colleges starting to teach personal finance?
- 36:34~38:12 Future plans
- 38:12~42:30 Women in finance
- 42:30~43:39 Conclusion
“I saw that there was kind of a void in the market for a very comprehensive but also really down to earth and relatable program [that taught personal finance topics] and that was really where the seed for LIT was planted and two years later it launched across the country.”