Collaborate with Educators At NGPF Professional Development This Week (September 14-19)
Here's what teachers are saying about our Virtual PDs:
- "Honestly, these sessions have all been amazing! I have used so much due to the PDs!"!
- "I am absolutely inspired...I am more prepared to teach my students in the fall."
- "Each time I join the sessions, I come away with new knowledge, insights and ideas on how to use this information with my students."
We have a full slate of professional development opportunities this week for teachers! Each will help you earn credit towards NGPF Academy. Be sure to check out our new PD: Podcast as a Teaching Tool on Monday led by co-founder and NGPF Podcast host Tim!
Do you use the Middle School Course? If so, NGPF is offering a NEW! Virtual PD and Virtual FinCamp to educators who use the Middle School Course. If you are familiar with the course already, be sure to join NGPF's Director of Curriculum, Sonia, at the Middle School Course Town Hall on Tuesday. Want to learn more about the Middle School Course? If so, be sure to join Yanely and Laura at the Middle School Virtual FinCamp on Friday!
Registrations for Certification Course Cohort #6 (September 28th~October 30th) open on Tuesday! NGPF will be offering the following courses: Banking & Budgeting, Insurance, Credit, Investing, and Advanced Investing.
Virtual Professional Development: a one-hour hands-on workshop with multiple opportunities for teacher collaboration
All times listed below are Pacific Time.
- Beginner Series: Navigating the Website led by Tim at 2pm Pacific Time
- Nearpod for Intermediate Users led by Tori at 3pm Pacific Time
- NEW! Podcast as a Teaching Tool led by Tim at 4pm Pacific Time
- NEW! Middle School Course: Town Hall led by Sonia at 2pm Pacific Time
- Nearpod for Beginners led by Abby at 3pm Pacific Time
- Beginner Series: Customizing NGPF led by Yanely at 1pm Pacific Time
- Beginner Series: Unit Planning with NGPF led by Yanely at 2pm Pacific Time
- How to Calculate Personal Finance Formulas led by Abby at 3pm Pacific Time
- NEW! Speaker Series: Zach Blattner on best practices of teaching remotely at 4pm Pacific Time
- See our Virtual FinCamp Opportunities Below!
Virtual FinCamps: a hands-on, engaging workshop where you collaborate with other educators to share teacher tips and implementation ideas
About the Author
Ren has been working part-time at NGPF since 2014, interning through high school and college. With his knowledge growing alongside NGPF, after graduating from college in 2020, he joined the team to work full time with a focus on teacher onboarding. He is also the editor of the NGPF podcast and makes sure it is accessible to teachers on iTunes, Stitcher, and Google Play Music. During his free time, he likes to try out coffees from different roasters across the world and try out new brewing methods, even though personal finance gurus tend to caution against buying a cup of joe.
To get access to NGPF answer keys, assessments, and teacher-only resources: create a FREE Teacher Account