Best Of 2018...NGPF Video Library
Looking for videos to supplement your existing lessons? Here's a few of teacher favorites as measured by click data in our Video Library.
Drumroll please...top 10 picks for 2018:
10. The Pain of Paying from Dan Ariely of Duke University
9. Fighting the Financial Pitfalls of the Supermarket from PBS Digital's Two Cents
8. What's A Credit Score? from Kal Penn Explains
7.Why We Crave What's Cool from PBS NewsHour
6. Can I Afford It? from CNBC
5. Battle Between Your Present and Future Self from Daniel Goldstein TED Talk
4. Credit Card Debt Explained from KQED
3. Spent: Looking for Change from Young Turks
2. Compound Interest Explained from Investopedia
1. What is the FAFSA and How Does It Work? (for 2018-19 and 2019-20 FAFSA) from Step Up to Higher Education Utah
About the Author
Tim's saving habits started at seven when a neighbor with a broken hip gave him a dog walking job. Her recovery, which took almost a year, resulted in Tim getting to know the bank tellers quite well (and accumulating a savings account balance of over $300!). His recent entrepreneurial adventures have included driving a shredding truck, analyzing executive compensation packages for Fortune 500 companies and helping families make better college financing decisions. After volunteering in 2010 to create and teach a personal finance program at Eastside College Prep in East Palo Alto, Tim saw firsthand the impact of an engaging and activity-based curriculum, which inspired him to start a new non-profit, Next Gen Personal Finance.
To get access to NGPF answer keys, assessments, and teacher-only resources: create a FREE Teacher Account