Best Of 2018...NGPF Podcasts
Want to use your holiday break to get some new ideas from innovative educators or build your content knowledge from an investing expert? I thought I would share with you the most popular NGPF podcasts based on the number of downloads.
Top 10 NGPF podcasts (Educator category) of 2018:
- Jill Thompson (Kelly Walsh High School, WY) explains her strategy and tactics to increase access to financial education in her community
- Brian Bean (Tomball Memorial High School, TX) describes his entrepreneurial journey from the classroom to game developer
- Alan Gersten (Century High School, CA) shares how he develops entrepreneurial talent in his classroom through engaging simulations
- Kelly-Anne Rush (Windham High School, ME), a.k.a Crafty Teacher Lady, provides some great ideas on engaging activities that you can use with your students
- Brian Page (Reading High School, OH) describes how he spent the summer of 2018 and why he's so excited about the upcoming school year
- High school students Neha Narayan and Stanley Jian explain why they are advocating for financial education in New Jersey
- Alex Tabarrok (George Mason University) talks about Marginal Revolution University
- Meir Statman (Santa Clara University) and Terry Odean (UC-Berkeley) discuss behavioral finance at NGPF Summit
- Aaron Standish (Palm Beach County School District, FL) explains how to implement financial education in K-12 district
- Paul Merriman shares what he has learned after lifetime of educating his clients about investing in the stock market
Top 10 NGPF podcasts (Context Expert category) for 2018:
- Author JL Collins discusses financial independence and the F.I.R.E. movement
- Author Liz Thames discusses her book "Meet the Frugalwoods"
- Investing panel at the NGPF Summit with Jonathan Clements and Bill Bernstein
- Canada's Youngest Retirees, Bryce Leung and Kristy Shen, share their secrets to leaving the rat race behind in their early 30s.
- Ritholtz Wealth Management's Tony Isola discusses better 403(b) plans
- Charley Ellis, an investing legend, shares insights from a lifetime of investing
- McKinney's Jenny Nicholson shares the creative process that went into building the award-winning game PAYBACK
- Collaborative Funds Morgan Housel, financial writer extraordinaire, uses analogies and story-telling to make personal finance more approachable
- Yanely Espinal explains how her passion for financial education led to creation of her Youtube channel
- PBS Two Cents Creators, Julia Lorenz-Olson and Philip Olson on their popular video series about personal finance
Here are my few of my favorite podcasts that I will be listening to this holiday season:
- Masters of Business: Barry Ritholtz interviews movers and shakers in the investment world
- NPR's Indicator: 10 minute deep-dive into an economics current event
- Hidden Brain: Discusses the psychology behind our decision-making process
- How I Built This: insights into the entrepreneurial mindset behind lots of successful companies
About the Author
Tim's saving habits started at seven when a neighbor with a broken hip gave him a dog walking job. Her recovery, which took almost a year, resulted in Tim getting to know the bank tellers quite well (and accumulating a savings account balance of over $300!). His recent entrepreneurial adventures have included driving a shredding truck, analyzing executive compensation packages for Fortune 500 companies and helping families make better college financing decisions. After volunteering in 2010 to create and teach a personal finance program at Eastside College Prep in East Palo Alto, Tim saw firsthand the impact of an engaging and activity-based curriculum, which inspired him to start a new non-profit, Next Gen Personal Finance.
To get access to NGPF answer keys, assessments, and teacher-only resources: create a FREE Teacher Account